- 2019-10-14 to 2019-10-15 On 14-15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius opens U.S. Senator John McCain's Hall
On 30 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius opened the United States Senator John McCain's Hall at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania.
"We remember the U.S. Senator J. McCain as a friend of Lithuania, who supported us in tough times both during the years of Soviet occupation, when he backed the U.S non-recognition policy, and during our freedom struggles. He also encouraged our efforts to mobilize political and practical support in order to strengthen the country that endeavored to once again establish its place in the Western family of nations. We must continue to nurture his legacy and values. He has fought for this all his life,” said Linas Linkevičius.
The former President of Lithuania Valdas Adamkus, the former Chairman of the Supreme Council-Reconstituent Seimas Vytautas Landsbergis, the U.S. Ambassador to Lithuania Anne Hall, the Senior Fellow and Director of the Russia Program at the Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) Brian Whitmore in Washington, D.C., and the Member of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs Emanuelis Zingeris gave commemorative speeches to celebrate and honor the memory of this prominent American politician, and supporter of the Baltic states. Members of the Seimas of Lithuania, foreign diplomats, other high-ranking politicians and officials also attended the event.
The U.S. Senator J. McCain has made a significant contribution to the mobilization of support for Lithuania, its defense, safety and security of its citizens. He maintained and developed close ties between Europe and the U.S., advocated in favor of transatlantic cooperation, and of the importance of military assistance for Europe.
In 2003, J. McCain was awarded the Grand Cross of Commander of the Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas and the Grand Cross of Commander of the Order of Vytautas the Great in 2018 for his merits to the Republic of Lithuania.