- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at a conference on the occasion of the International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the diploma award ceremony at Vytautas Magnus University
In Saudi Arabia, Linkevičius discusses business development opportunities, the promotion of cultural and human relations
On 10 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia, Cabinet’s member Dr. Nizar bin Obaid Madani and discussed prospects for bilateral cooperation. In the meeting, the interlocutors agreed to promote business and economic relations, as well as to establish cultural and human contacts. The representatives of the two countries also signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the establishment of bilateral political consultations in order to strengthen their political dialogue.
The Lithuanian business delegation, consisting of representatives from food industry, wood and furniture, healthcare and renewable energy sectors, acquainted themselves with Saudi Arabia’s ‘Vision 2030’ programme. In addition, the Lithuanian business was invited to actively contribute to the achievement of the programme’s goals.
The two Foreign Ministers also exchanged their insights into the situation in the Middle East, notably in Syria, Yemen, and Iran, and discussed the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the fight against terrorism, the role of the EU, the U.S.A., and Russia in the region.
This is the Lithuanian Foreign Minister’s second visit to Saudi Arabia. The first visit took place in 2015.
Lithuania and Saudi Arabia established their diplomatic relations on 31 October 2005.