- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
L. Linkevičius and the new Czech Ambassador discuss security of the region, cooperation on EU issues
On 6 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of the Czech Republic to Lithuania Vít Korselt, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 15 October.
"Lithuania greatly appreciates the significant contribution of the Czech Republic to security of our country and the region," said Minister L. Linkevičius.
In July 2018, about 240 Czech soldiers joined the German-led NATO enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania. This Czech military mission will continue until the end of 2020. The 3rd NATO air policing mission of the Czech Republic is planned in 2019. The Czech Air Force will ensure security of the Baltic states operating from the Ämari Air Base in Estonia.
The Czech Ambassador Vít Korselt replaced Ambassador Bohumil Mazanek, who completed his term of office in late summer.