- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
L. Linkevičius: European values mean something not when we repeat them, but when we defend them
On 24 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in a ministerial session "Security in Europe - Fault Lines in the East" at the Warsaw Security Forum. Linkevičius called for support to the EU's Eastern Partners, who had decided to join the European path and to respect European values.
"The external forces that seek to divide Europe remain and only get stronger. We should work together to prevent the emergence of new dividing lines in Europe that would leave the Eastern Partners behind," said Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius. The Foreign Ministers of Poland, Ukraine, and Georgia also attended the session.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister‘s bilateral meeting with the Polish Foreign Minister Jacek Czaputowicz focused on issues of strengthening security in the region.
Both Foreign Minister presented to the participants and guests of the forum the race car of the Lithuanian rally driver Benediktas Vanagas and of the Polish rally champion Sebastian Rozwadowski. The car bears the national symbols of Lithuania and Poland. The team that represents our two nations will take part in the 2019 Dakar Rally with this race car.
In Warsaw, the Minister L. Linkevičius also met with the Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Péter Szijjártó and discussed a range of important EU issues, as well as the relationship between Hungary and Ukraine.
The Warsaw Security Forum is a leading conference in Central and Eastern Europe. It is devoted to issues of international security. The Casimir Pulaski Foundation has organized the forum since 2014.
This year, Lithuania is a guest of honor of the Forum.