- 2020-02-27 to 2020-03-01 The Minister Linas Linkevičius pays a visit to Canada
- 2020-02-29 On 29 February at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the celebration of the Restoration of Independence Day of 11 March with the Lithuanian community in Toronto
- 2020-03-02 On 2 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius gives a speech the dicussion "BREXIT2020: Challenges and Opportunities of Lithuania" organized by the Homeland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrat Political Group
- 2020-03-02 On 2 March, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2020-03-02 On 2 March, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of Denmark to Lithuania Hans Brask
L. Linkevičius meets with Turkish Minister of Trade
On 31 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius meets with the Minister of Trade of Turkey Ruhsar Pekcan. The meeting discussed bilateral issues of economic and trade cooperation, as well as options for strengthening cooperation in the fields of life sciences and high tech.
The Foreign Minister mentioned some examples of successful bilateral cooperation, including the project aimed at sharing good practices of science-to-business cooperation between Lithuanian and Turkish higher education institutions, and solar energy projects implemented by Lithuanian companies that contribute to the achievement of Turkey’s new renewable energy targets.
Despite positive trends in bilateral trade, L. Linkevičius also expressed concern over the increasing number of trade barriers imposed by Turkey in recent years.
The Turkish Minister of Trade attends the first meeting of the Lithuanian-Turkish Joint Economic and Trade Commission and the Lithuanian-Turkish Business Forum. During her visit to Lithuania, the Turkish Minister is accompanied by a business delegation.