- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-10-17 to 2018-10-18 On 17-18 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is attending the European Council in Brussels, as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2018-10-17 On 17 October at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with members of the Greek-Lithuanian Parliamentary Friendship Group
Linas Linkevičius calls for building up resistance to Russia’s lies
“We face an unprecedented attempt to impact EU integration and at the same time to give a blow to the West seeking to undermine trust in democracy, human rights, solidarity, and the rule of law. Information campaigns are conducted and social networks are used to that end. The EU should resolutely withstand attempts to undermine ties with its citizens and with the countries aspiring to EU membership,” Linas Linkevičius stated at the Warsaw Security Forum.
The Minister is confident that it is important to build up resistance to propaganda, strengthen EU communication capacities, take educational initiatives, and improve the dialogue with society.
Minister Linkevičius participated in the plenary session debate on the way forward for the EU project and challenges to EU security. He also had a meeting with participants in the New Security Leaders Program where he shared his insights into challenges and threats in the Baltic Sea region.
The Warsaw Security Forum is an annual event organised by the Casimir Pulaski Foundation to discuss the most urgent matters of the security and defence policy and prominent challenges that Central and Eastern Europe faces.
On 25 June, at the meeting of the Foreign Affairs Council (FAC) of the European Union in Luxembourg, after Federica Mogherini, High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, presented the second report on the implementation of the EU Global Strategy in the area of security and defence, adopted in 2016, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania suggested that the focus should be on resilience inside and outside the EU. “What we must do first is to address our shortfalls – to block Russian propaganda channels that some EU members continue to broadcast by making use of loopholes in our legal framework,” Linas Linkevičius said.