- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuania to join forces with Estonia and improve security of the Baltic states
Lithuania will join forces with Estonia and seek new solutions in 2018 to improve security of the Baltic states. On 11 January in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and Estonian Foreign Minister Sven Mikser held a meeting to discuss the issue.
The Foreign Ministers discussed preparations for the NATO Summit on 11 and 12 July 2018. Heads of State and Heads of Government of NATO member countries are expected to take important decisions for the Baltic states on the strengthening of the Alliance’s collective defence and deterrence capability.
According to Linkevičius, at the upcoming NATO meeting Lithuania will raise issues related to the regional air defence of the Baltic states and to smooth movement of allied forces across Europe.
As regards energy issues, the Lithuanian Foreign Minister stressed that important steps should be taken in 2018. In addition, an agreement on the synchronization of the Baltic states’ electricity networks with continental Europe must be reached.
Linkevičius and Mikser also discussed joint initiatives in the field of strengthening transatlantic relations, further agenda of the Eastern Partnership, and Estonian support for Lithuania’s position on the construction of an unsafe nuclear power plant in Belarus.
The two Foreign Ministers are attending the Snow Meeting in Trakai district.