- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
Lithuanian MFA statement regarding poisoning case in the United Kingdom
The Lithuanian Foreign Ministry expresses strong solidarity with the United Kingdom following an audacious criminal act – the poisoning of a former military intelligence agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter.
There is never a justification for this type of attack – the attempted murder of private citizens on the soil of a sovereign nation.
The Lithuanian MFA stresses that the use of a military-grade nerve agent within NATO territory represents an exceptional case, making it essential to identify the perpetrators and bring them to justice immediately.
We call for a joint NATO and EU response.