- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister called for an appropriate response to cyber-attack
On 28 September, Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius took part in a discussion hosted by the US Department of State on advancing responsible state behaviour in cyberspace. The discussion was moderated by Deputy Secretary of State, John Sullivan.
“Cyber-attacks do not recognise borders and are not bounded by geography. The aim of the attacks is to obtain information, news or military secrets from other states, to destroy the foundations of democratic systems, and interfere into democratic elections. If we are not resolute enough to respond to cyber-attacks, name the perpetrators, and do not bring them to justice, we’ll see more of them, and they’ll be even more brazen,” the Lithuanian Foreign Minister said at the meeting. He also underlined a necessity for states to develop resilience to cyber-attacks.
During the discussion, states were urged to look for new and innovative solutions to address challenges that arise in cyberspace.