- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Lithuania's Foreign Minister meets with the U.S. President's National Security Advisor
On 16 May in Washington,D.C., the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, together with the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs and Estonian Foreign Minister Sven Mikser, met with the U.S. President's National Security Adviser John Bolton.
The meeting focused on international security, the U.S. military presence in the Baltic Sea region, preparations for the upcoming NATO summit on 11-12 July, the four-party cooperation between the Baltic states and the United States of America, as well as threats posed to the transatlantic community by Russia‘s aggressive and irresponsible conduct.
"The meeting reaffirms the close, efficient relationship between Lithuania and the United States of America, which is based on our strategic partnership," Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister said.
"In the run-up to the NATO summit, this meeting gave a good opportunity to once again present Lithuania's efforts to strengthen the country's defence capabilities and our contribution to international security," said Linkevičius.
The interlocutors also discussed further steps and necessary work for the implementation of the outcomes of the Baltic states and the U.S. summit.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister noted that this working meeting would continue the tradition of close cooperation with the U.S. National Security Advisors.
J. Bolton assumed his position as the U.S. National Security Advisor on 9 April 2018.
On Wednesday, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister met with the President of the German Marshall Fund of the United States Karen Donfried, and experts of the RAND Corporation, including Catherine M. Dale, Stephen J. Flanagan, Stephen Larrabee, David Shlapak, Bryan Frederick, Eugene Germanovich. The interlocutors discussed defence of the Baltic region and Northern Europe, security situation, the upcoming NATO summit, the importance of transatlantic unity in overcoming security challenges, and the European plan for Ukraine.
Linkevičius also gave an interview for WTOP, which is the largest FM radio station licensed to serve Washington, D.C.