- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-23 On 23 January at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is taking part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at a conference on the occasion of the International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Lithuania's Foreign Minister receives the new Ambassador of Kazakhstan
On 6 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the new Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Lithuania Viktor Temirbayev, who presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 24 October.
The meeting discussed ties between the two nations, prospects for bilateral relations, and Kazakhstan's cooperation with the European Union.
"Information technology, renewable energy, innovation are areas in which Lithuania can offer Kazakhstan its expertise, quality products, and services," stressed the Minister L. Linkevičius.
Economic ties between Lithuania and Kazakhstan have been growing steadily over the last five years. The bilateral trade volume has increased by 1.5 times and amounted to EUR 1.37 billion in 2017.
The Ambassador V. Temirbayev is the 7th representative of Kazakhstan in Lithuania. Lithuania and Kazakhstan established their diplomatic relations on 12 June 1992.